Sunday 25 March 2012

Visit Putroe Phang

This evening, my sister and I watched Putroe Phang Weekend Show in Putroe Phang Park. The show was awesome, especially the Cut Nyak Dhien dance that was performed by Sanggar Cut Nyak Dhien. I like the movement of the dancer. Inspite of the girls, the movement was so brave and aggresive. It represent the messages of the dance as a war dance. Another interesting part is when the dancers start to use rencong (acehnese traditional weapon in their dance). It seems so dangerous but cool. No smile on the dancer faces, It is a war dance. The climax of this dancer is when the dutch troops came into the scene and start fighting with the girls. Finally, by the faster tempo of rapai (acehnese traditional tambourine), The dutch troops can be conquered by the girls. The dance is over. I like that dance!!Bravo....
After that performance, we saw some dancing and singing by another performance. It also nice. There were many audience that watched this event. I really happy because it show the raising animo of my hometown people to appreciate our art and culture.
It also make me happy when I saw Putro Phang Park is used by community to enjoy their time. Not only for watching the show, but also for enjoying their time (strolling, photographing, accompanying their children in playground, or may be dating, he...). This is what public space should be!!
Happy..Happy this Sunday evening.....!
Photo with the dancer
The Putroe Phang Park
me and my sister

No comments:

Post a Comment